Updated: Aug 4
By: Sandra Wilson, Executive Vice President and Managing Director of Sales and Leasing for our Brown Harris Stevens' Riverdale and Harlem offices.
Harlem Week started over 47 years ago as a one-week celebration of the community’s rich heritage and history. It has since grown into a multi-week affair that showcases all of Harlem’s cultural offerings through a variety of events.
The 2021 Harlem Week will take place from August 6-15, and this year’s theme is “Rebirth, Rebuild, and Rejoice”—a reference to the community’s resilience in the wake of COVID-19. The celebration is sure to be as fun and colorful as those past, offering both virtual and live events, as well as a myriad of activities to enjoy.
Among this year’s events are:
• The Harlem Music Festival, which will run throughout the celebration and feature a variety of virtual performances broadcast via live stream. The event will also include a Gospel Brunch that will showcase specially selected Harlem restaurants.
• A salute to Broadway, featuring virtual performances from both Broadway and Off-Broadway shows that will be opening over the next few months.
• A 5K Run that participants can join in-person or virtually.
• Great Jazz on the Great Hill, which will take place in Central Park and feature both live music and swing dancing.
• Several vaccination days when visitors can obtain their COVID-19 vaccine and learn more about its importance.
These are just a few of the exciting events Harlem Week has to offer. For more information on these and other events, access the Harlem Week 2021 Official Schedule here.
Sandra Wilson is both the Executive Vice President and Managing Director of Sales for Brown Harris Stevens' Harlem and Riverdale offices. For more information on Sandra and her background, click here.