Curate by BHS
Our New Home Preparation Service
Brown Harris Stevens makes your home-selling process as seamless and efficient as possible with arrival of our new full-service home preparation program, Curate.
Curate allows you to upgrade your home now and pay later with no initial upfront cost. Our goal is to create the best first impression maximizing your home’s value and minimizing time on the market. Whether your home requires a minor refresh, a few key upgrades, or a complete transformation, you can unlock its true potential. The concierge service covers everything from simple cosmetic upgrades like decluttering, professional staging and painting to significant renovations like floor installation and general contracting work. Curate is a white glove service that connects you to a dedicated project manager who coordinates all projects so that you don’t have to spend your time pursuing contractors, managing schedules, or overseeing projects. Additionally, our team works with our fully vetted and insured vendors offering best-in-class pricing and services. Powered by Zoom Casa—a national leader in home preparation services for many members of Leading Real Estate Companies of the World — serving tens of thousands of agents inside our affiliate network.
Why Use Curate?
Presenting your home in the best light is the single most important factor when it comes to attracting interest from buyers. According to the National Association of Realtors, 83% of buyers’ agents say that properly staging a home helps buyers picture it as their future home and a 2/3 of sellers’ agents say staging decreasing a property’s time on market. By enhancing the look of your home—and doing so through an efficient, streamlined process that takes all the complicated work out of your hands—you ensure that your home makes a real impact when it enters the market. Best of all, you don’t have to worry about any costs upfront. When your home sells, the cost of your Curate services is deducted from the sale amount.
How Does Curate Work?
1. You and your agent discuss what updates and upgrades your home needs to best position it for sale.
2. You determine the appropriate budget and your agent connects you to Curate, powered by our partner Zoom Casa.
3. You work with your BHS Agent to be assigned a dedicated project manager who becomes your liaison during the entire process. Our Project Manager handles all project coordination, proposals, and schedules so that you have a streamlined, efficient experience.
4. You and your BHS agent work with your project manager to select the appropriate vendors from our fully vetted network of service providers.
5. The vendors get to work elevating the appearance of your home.
6. Once the projects are done and your home is ready for prospective buyers to view, you and your agent place it on the market.
7. Your home statistically will sell for a higher price as a result of the upgrades and then the cost of the services is deducted from your selling price.
NOTE: You will pay for the services when the property sells or if you terminate your listing agreement with your BHS Agent.
What Services Does it Cover?
Through Curate, you can move forward with complete cosmetic upgrades such as painting walls, decluttering, improving fixtures, or landscaping. Also available are professional staging and design options, as well as full renovation services that include roof repairs, kitchen and bathroom renovations, new flooring, and much more. We even cover health and safety items like covid decontamination services. Our program covers a wide variety of services. Here is a sampling of the most popular in our program:
COVID-19 Decontamination Services
Vapor Aerial Decontamination
Professional Deep Cleaning
Swimming Pool/Spa Repair
Staging & Design
Urban Landscaping and Fencing
Excavating/Oil Tank Removal
Well Water Systems
Learn more about Curate and contact us for more information here.